Dell PowerVault MD1000 1.5TB SATA Storage Array 2x 6GB/s
Controllers and 2x PSU
Model No: PowerVault MD1000
In Good Condition
In Full Working Order
- 1 x Dell PowerVault MD1000 SATA Storage Array
- 2 x 750GB 3.5"
- 2 x 6GB/s Controllers - JT517
- 2 x 488W PSU - MX838
Versatile storage expansion
The Dell PowerVault MD1000 is a modular disk storage expansion enclosures for PowerEdge servers. The PowerVault MD1000 is capable of housing up to 15 3.5-inch disk drives in a single 3U rackable chassis. The direct-attached storage enclosure supports both Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) and Serial ATA (SATA) disk drives to give customers extensive configuration and optimization flexibility.
Modular expansion flexibility
When used in combination with a host-based Dell PowerEdge RAID controller (PERC) or a PowerVault internal RAID array, the modular enclosure can be daisy chained for scaling disk performance and capacity. The PERC 6/E enables up to three 15-drive SAS disk enclosures—a total of 45 drives—to be daisy chained to a single host connection, delivering an extended total capacity of 90TB when using 2TB disk drives. Alternatively, the enclosure's disk drives can be split between two servers with up to eight drives assigned to one server and up to seven drives assigned to a second server. Furthermore, the enclosure's disk drives, power supplies and cooling modules are hot-pluggable so they can be replaced while the system stays up-and-running.
Mix drive types in an enclosure
The PowerVault MD family enables organizations to mix SAS and SATA drives delivering excellent flexibility to align data requirements with drive capabilities, speed, capacity and cost, to help optimize your storage environment.
SAS for Performance - SAS can deliver the speed, performance and reliability to satisfy mainstream single server applications. SAS performance makes it ideal for demanding server applications such as email or database applications that store active and frequently changing information.
Nearline SAS - Performance of SAS, Capacities of SATA The 7.2 RPM SAS drive leverages the performance efficiencies of SAS making it ideal for customer who are looking for the low cost per GB but can't sacrifice performance. In everyday usage situations customers can see up to a 30% performance increase with the 7.2 RPM SAS drive over the 7.2 RPM SATA drives.
SATA for Capacity - SATA disk drives deliver a compelling cost-per-Gigabyte alternative to SAS. SATA drives are ideal high capacity applications where data is accessed and modified less frequently, such as digital imaging, file archiving, audio/video storage, or back-up to disk applications.
Energy Efficient SATA - Superior GB per Watt Solution The 5.4 RPM SATA drive offers customers a high capacity, energy efficient alternative to traditional SATA drives. Ideal for capacity intensive applications in a power constrained environments. This 5.4 RPM SATA drive can reduce power consumption up to 30% with less than a 10% degradation in random I/O performance over the 7.2 RPM SATA drives.
Drives and Capacity
- Hard Disk Drives: Up to fifteen (15) 3.5-inch SAS or SATA hot-pluggable hard disk drives
Drive Performance and Capacities
- 15,000 RPM SAS drives available in 73GB, 146GB, 300GB, 450GB and 600GB
- 10,000 RPM SAS drives available in 300GB, 400GB and 600GB
- Nearline SAS (7,200 RPM) drives available in 500GB, 750GB or 1TB
- 7,200 RPM SATA II drives available in 250GB, 500GB, 750GB, 1TB and 2TB
- Energy efficient SATA II (5,400 RPM) drives available in 1TB and 2TB
- Maximum Capacity Per Enclosure: 1.1TB using fifteen (15) 73GB 15K SAS disk drives
- Maximum Capacity: Per Enclosure 30TB using fifteen (15) 2TB disk drives
- Unified Mode: Direct connectivity to 15 disk drives and beyond
- Split Mode - Dual Host access: Connectivity to drives 0 though 6 to one host; A separate connectivity to drives 7 through 14 to the second host.
Enclosure Management Modules and RAID Levels
- Enclosure Management Modules (EMMs): 1 or 2 hot-pluggable management modules
- RAID Levels
- PERC 5/E Supports RAID levels 0, 1, 5, 10, 50
- PERC 6/E Supports RAID levels 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, 50, 60
- Up to 30 physical disks per group
- Up to 256 virtual disks
Back-Panel Connectors (per EMM)
- Host Connectivity: One x4 3GB SAS (SFF 8470)
- Expansion Connectivity: One x4 3GB SAS (SFF 8470)
- Service Management: One 6-pin UART mini-DIN connector
- Front Panel: 1 Two-color LED indicator for system status, 2 single-color LED indicators for power and split mod
- Hard Drive Carrier: 1 single-color activity LED, 1 two-color LED status indicator per drive
- EMM: 3 two-color LED status indicators: one for each of the EMM SAS ports and one for the EMM status
- Power Supply/Cooling Fan Module: 3 LED status indicators for power supply status, power/supply/fan fault and AC status
Power Supplies (per supply)
- Wattage: 478W (Maximum continuous); 550W (peak)
- Maximum Heat Dissipation: 1430 BTU/hour (maximum)
- Input Voltage Range: 100-240V rated (actual 90-26V)
- Frequency Range: 47-63Hz
- Amperage: 7.2A at 100V, 3.6A at 200V
Available Hard Drive Power (per slot)
- Supported Continuous Consumption: Up to 1.3A +12V; Up to 1.5A at +5V
- Height x Width x Depth: 13.11 cm (5.16 inches) x 44.63 cm (17.57 inches) x 48.01cm (18.90 inches)
- Weight: 35.37 km (78 lbs) (maximum configuration)
- Temperature - Operating: 10° to 35°C (50° to 95°F), Storage : -40° to 65°C (-40° to 149°F)
- Relative Humidity - Operating: 20% to 80% (non-condensing), Storage: 5% to 95% (non-condensing)
- Altitude - Operating: -15 to 3048 m (-50 to 10,000 ft), Storage: -15 to 10,668 m (-50 to 35,000 ft)
VAT IS NOT PAYABLE BY PURCHASERS OUTSIDE THE European Union (EU) AND by
purchasers in the EU (excluding UK) who are VAT registered