Masteryour data-hungry tasks with EqualLogic PS4100E — powerful performance witheasy, flexible management for small or midsize companies and enterprise branchoffices.
Enterprise features for smallerdeployments
Idealfor your growing storage needs, the PS4100E GbE iSCSI array is aDell™ Storage solution that offers a virtualized architecture, enterprisesoftware and easy administration at an affordable price.
· Take advantage of a data-center class IT solution in small andmidsize businesses as well as enterprise branch offices.
· Integrate full snapshot, replication and application integrationfor data protection and disaster recovery.
· Cut management time and costs with self-optimizing performance andautomation.
· Manage your enterprise-wide EqualLogic™ SAN, including PS4100remote-site arrays, with EqualLogic SAN Headquarters.
· Expand easily into a larger EqualLogic SAN by adding PS4100(maximum two per group) and PS6100 arrays to scale capacity and performance.
Whetheryou're consolidating a direct-attached storage (DAS) infrastructure, migratingdata from an existing SAN or NAS system, streamlining data protectionprocesses, or simply adding storage capacity, the Dell EqualLogic PS4100 seriesoffers a solution. The proven, high-performance, self-managing storage arraysare designed to meet the requirements of your growing business.
The Dell EqualLogic™ PS4100 series enables you to choose thestorage solution that best suits your small or midsize business or enterprise branchoffice. The PS4100 series family features:
· Dual controllers designed for built-in redundancy
· Two GbE ports per controller
· Dedicated 10/100 management port per controller
· 6G SAS backplane
· Cache-to-flash memory destaging
· Peer-scaling architecture that scales performance linearly
· Vertical port failover, designed to enable you to maintain fullbandwidth if a networking port fails
· Group manager, which integrates all management into one consolefor both file and block storage protocols
· Array firmware and host software with no additional licenses orfees
· Storage Controllers
Hard Disk Drives
Twelve (12) NL-SAS hot-pluggable hard drives.
3.5" 7.2K RPM NL-SAS drives available in 1TB, 2TB or 3TB
Up to 256
128 per volume / up to 2,048 total per group
Up to 512 per pool / 1024 per group
Any standards-compliant iSCSI initiator
Operating Systems Supported
Microsoft® Windows Server®including Hyper-V®
VMware® ESX Server™
Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® (RHEL)
SUSE® Enterprise Linux® (SLES)
Mac OS® X
For a complete list of supported OS versions including softwareinitiators, NICs/CNAs, and HBAs, see the EqualLogic Compatibility Matrixon http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/storage/w/wiki/2661.equallogic-compatibility-matrix-07262013.aspx.
RAID 5, RAID 6, RAID 10, and RAID 502
GbE Network Interfaces
Management network: One 100BASE-TX per controller
Interface ports: Two 1000BASE-T ports per controller
TCP Network Support
IPv4 SAN and management traffic supported, and IPv6 SAN and in-band managementsupported
Can be combined with other EqualLogic PS Series arrays in the sameSAN group, online. A maximum of two (2) PS4x00 arrays can be in a group.