Scale out or scale up to meet your workload needs
The Dell Compellent FS8600 NAS appliance offers a flexible solution for capacity- and performance-intensive file workloads. Based on the Dell Fluid File System (FluidFS) version 5, its scale-out architecture supports up to 4PB in a single file system and over 20PB in a global namespace, plus linear performance expansion up to 494,000 file opens with SPEC SFS 2008 and 11.9 GB/sec max throughput.
The FS8600 can help you keep pace with constantly growing file storage needs. As they grow and evolve, the FS8600 scales both storage capacity and performance non-disruptively and independent of one another within a single file system preventing an expensive platform rip-and-replace. Plus, as the FS8600 system scales, loadbalancing continues to optimize performance.
Manage your data efficiently while controlling costs
As the industry's first primary storage solution with policy-driven, variable block data reduction, the FS8600 can decrease the capacity needed to store common enterprise data sets by 48%. The linear performance of the FS8600 NAS appliance keeps CAPEX remarkably low, enabling it to address performance-intensive file workloads cost-effectively. The FS8600 with FluidFS has better file OPS performance, and delivers the best price-performance profile among major NAS vendors. To further enhance performance, the FS8600 leverages the strengths of the Dell Storage Center platform such as:
• Automated tiering to keep frequently accessed data on high-performance drives, and move passive data to lower cost, capacity-optimized drives
• Thin provisioning to provide on-demand allocation of blocks
• Optimization for solid-state drives
Keep your data protected with built-in reliability and security features
The inherent resilience of the FS8600 gives you another layer of data protection without adding complexity.
• Active-active controller pairs provide immediate failover without introducing idle resources
• Redirect-on-write file-level snapshots require only one I/O per write, avoiding the performance degradation of the traditional copy-on-write approach
• Integration with file system auditing software such as Change Auditor that allows monitoring of files for access providing added security and compliance
• Features such as VMware consistent snapshots, replication throttling, virtual appliance cloning and two-way NDMP backup help enable deploying a secure file sharing solution
• Award-winning Dell Compellent Copilot Support provides complete coverage for your end-to-end storage solution