The Cisco® Nexus™ 5000 Series Switches are a family of low-latency, line-rate, 10 Gigabit Ethernet and Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) switches for data center applications.
The Cisco Nexus 5000 Series, part of the Cisco Nexus Family of data center-class switches, delivers an innovative architecture that simplifies data center transformation. These switches deliver high-performance, standards-based Ethernet and FCoE that enables the consolidation of LAN, SAN, and cluster network environments onto a single Unified Fabric. Backed by a broad group of industry-leading complementary technology vendors, the Cisco Nexus 5000 Series is designed to meet the challenges of next-generation data centers, including dense multisocket, multicore, virtual machine-optimized deployments, where infrastructure sprawl and increasingly demanding workloads are commonplace.
Cisco Nexus 5000 Series Hardware Features
• The Cisco Nexus 5000 Series cut-through switching architecture supports line-rate 10 Gigabit Ethernet with low-latency and predictable performance on all ports. These switches also support 10/1 Gigabit Ethernet mode on a subset of the fixed ports to provide connectivity for Gigabit Ethernet attached servers and network devices.
• The Cisco Nexus 5000 Series supports Fibre Channel over Ethernet that enables consolidation of LAN, SAN and cluster traffic onto a single, Unified Fabric, which greatly simplifies network infrastructure, increases flexibility and reduces costs. By connecting to existing Fibre Channel storage arrays, FCoE protects existing storage investments while simplifying in-rack cabling and reducing power and cooling overhead.
• Cisco Nexus 5000 Series supports standards-based IEEE Data Center Bridging (DCB) capabilities that allows the switches to support multiple traffic classes-LAN, SAN, and cluster-over the same link, while retaining individual traffic treatment.
• In addition to standard 10 Gigabit network interface cards (NICs), the Cisco Nexus 5000 Series supports standards-based Fibre Channel over Ethernet consolidated network adapters (CNAs) that combine Ethernet NICs and Fibre Channel host bus adapters (HBAs). These CNAs make the transition to a Unified Fabric transparent and consistent with existing practices, management software, and operating system drivers.
• The Cisco Nexus 5000 Series is compatible with third-party integrated transceivers and Twinax cabling solution that delivers very low latency at a low cost, making the product line an excellent match for cluster environments.
• The Cisco Nexus 5000 Series is designed for data center environments, with front-to-back cooling and network ports in the rear, bringing switching into close proximity to servers and making cable runs short and simple.
• The Cisco Nexus 5000 Series is highly serviceable, with N+1 redundant, hot-pluggable power and fan modules. Its software is based on data center-class Cisco NX-OS Software for high reliability and ease of management.
• Cisco Nexus 5000 Series Switches have built-in Cisco TrustSec in the hardware, enabling support for end-to-end security and role-based access control lists (RBACLs)-future.
Brand - CISCO
Model - N5K-C5020P-BF
Type - Switch Chassis
Cisco Nexus 5000 2RU Chassis No PS, 5 Fan Modules, 40 Ports (Requires SFP+)
Expansion Slots Total (Free):
40 x SFP+
2 x expansion slot
1 x management - console - RJ-45
2 x management - Ethernet 10Base-T/100Base-TX/1000Base-T - RJ-45
2 x network - Ethernet 10Base-T/100Base-TX - RJ-45
IEEE 802.1p QoS
IEEE 802.1q VLAN
SNMP v1, v2c, v3
Form Factor: External - 2U
Dimensions (WxDxH): 17.3 in x 30 in x 3.5 in
Ports Qty: 40 x Ethernet 10GBase-X
Data Transfer Rate: 10 Gbps
Data Link Protocol: 10 Gigabit Ethernet
IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.1D, IE