The Cisco ASA 5500 Series Content Security and Control Security Services Module (CSC-SSM) delivers industry-leading threat protection and content control at the Internet edge providing comprehensive antivirus, anti-spyware, file blocking, anti-spam, anti-phishing, URL blocking and filtering, and content filtering, all available in a comprehensive easy-to-manage solution delivered by industry leaders.
The CSC-SSM bolsters the Cisco ASA 5500 Series' strong security capabilities providing customers with additional protection and control over the content of their business communications. The service module provides additional flexibility and choice over the functionality and deployment of Cisco's award-winning Cisco ASA 5500 Series Family of appliances.
The Cisco ASA 5500 Series CSC-SSM helps businesses more effectively protect their networks, increase network availability, and increase employee productivity through the following elements:
- Comprehensive malware protection: Incorporates Trend Micro's award-winning antivirus and anti-spyware technologies. The CSC-SSM can prevent virtually all known malicious code from entering and propagating across the network. This helps prevent disruption of business critical applications and services, prevent valuable key systems and employee downtime and reduce the costly process of cleaning up after an infection.
- Advanced content filtering: Integrates URL filtering, content filtering and anti-phishing technology that helps protect the business and individual employees from the theft of confidential information as well as reduce potential legal liabilities associated with content in violation of network use policies. It can also aid businesses comply with network content regulations such as Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) and the Data Protection Act.
- Integrated message security: Integrates anti-spam technology that removes the vast majority of unsolicited e-mail before it gets to the mail server, increasing employee productivity and preventing wastage of valuable network bandwidth and storage resources.
- Customization and tuning capabilities: Provides administrators with the ability to customize control over spam and content functions to suit specific corporate policies or network environments.
- Ease of management and automatic update capabilities: Ships with intelligent default settings and an intuitive interface integrated with the ASA 5500 Adaptive Security Device Manager (ASDM) to ease initial configuration, deployment and ongoing operations. Automatic updates of all CSC-SSM components including scanning engines and pattern files, ensures that the network is always protected against the latest threats with minimal administrative effort.
AC input frequency: 50/60 Hz
AC input voltage: 120-230 V
Certification: CE, CISPR 22 A, EN 60950, EN 61000-3-2, UL 1950, VCCI A ITE, IEC 60950, EN 61000-3-3, CSA 22.2 No. 950, EN55022 A, AS/NZS 3260, AS/NZ 3548 A, FCC 15
Connectivity LEDs: Y
Connectivity technology: Wired
Data link protocols: Ethernet, Fast Ethernet
Dimensions (WxDxH): 445 x 335 x 44 mm
Ethernet LAN (RJ-45) ports: 6
Firewall throughput: 300 Mbit/s
Flash memory: 64 MB
Form factor: 1U
Internal memory: 256 MB
LED indicators: Yes
Operating temperature (T-T): 0 - 40 °C
Power LED: Yes
Power consumption (typical): 190 W
Power supply type: AC
Rack mounting: Yes
Supported network protocols: IPSec
USB 2.0 ports quantity: 2
VPN throughput: 170 Mbit/s
Weight: 9.1 kg
Device TypeSecurity appliance
Enclosure TypePlug-in module
Dimensions (WxDxH)17.3 cm x 27.9 cm x 4.3 cm
Processor1 x Intel Celeron 1 GHz
RAM Installed (Max)1 GB
Flash Memory Installed (Max)256 MB
Performance Approximate throughput100 Mbps
Designed ForASA 5510 Firewall Edition, 5510 Security Plus Firewall Edition, 5520 Firewall Edition, 5540 Adaptive Security Appliance, 5540 Firewall Edition Bundle
ciscoasa# sh ver
Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance Software Version 9.1(7)23
Device Manager Version 6.4(3)
Compiled on Thu 01-Feb-18 23:08 by builders
System image file is "disk0:/asa917-23-k8.bin"
Config file at boot was "startup-config"
ciscoasa up 26 secs
Hardware: ASA5510, 1024 MB RAM, CPU Pentium 4 Celeron 1600 MHz,
Internal ATA Compact Flash, 256MB
BIOS Flash M50FW016 @ 0xfff00000, 2048KB
Encryption hardware device : Cisco ASA-55xx on-board accelerator (revision 0x0)
Boot microcode : CN1000-MC-BOOT-2.00
SSL/IKE microcode : CNlite-MC-SSLm-PLUS-2.08
IPSec microcode : CNlite-MC-IPSECm-MAIN-2.09
Number of accelerators: 1
0: Ext: Ethernet0/0 : address is 6400.f127.f142, irq 9
1: Ext: Ethernet0/1 : address is 6400.f127.f143, irq 9
2: Ext: Ethernet0/2 : address is 6400.f127.f144, irq 9
3: Ext: Ethernet0/3 : address is 6400.f127.f145, irq 9
4: Ext: Management0/0 : address is 6400.f127.f146, irq 11
5: Int: Not used : irq 11
6: Int: Not used : irq 5
Licensed features for this platform:
Maximum Physical Interfaces : Unlimited perpetual
Maximum VLANs : 50 perpetual
Inside Hosts : Unlimited perpetual
Failover : Disabled perpetual
Encryption-DES : Enabled perpetual
Encryption-3DES-AES : Enabled perpetual
Security Contexts : 0 perpetual
GTP/GPRS : Disabled perpetual
AnyConnect Premium Peers : 2 perpetual
AnyConnect Essentials : Disabled perpetual
Other VPN Peers : 250 perpetual
Total VPN Peers : 250 perpetual
Shared License : Disabled perpetual
AnyConnect for Mobile : Disabled perpetual
AnyConnect for Cisco VPN Phone : Disabled perpetual
Advanced Endpoint Assessment : Disabled perpetual
UC Phone Proxy Sessions : 2 perpetual
Total UC Proxy Sessions : 2 perpetual
Botnet Traffic Filter : Disabled perpetual
Intercompany Media Engine : Disabled perpetual
Cluster : Disabled perpetual
This platform has a Base license.