Brocade Silkworm 4120 32-Port 4Gb FC Fibre Channel SAN Switch
In good condition and full working order
16 PORTS ACTIVE, FABRIC, FABRIC WATCH AND TRUNKING LICENCE
- 1 x Brocade Silkworm 4120 32-Port 4Gb Fibre Channel SAN Switch HD-4120-0001
- 16 x Finisar FTRJ8524P2BNV 4.25Gbps SFP Transceiver Modules
The Brocade® 4100 is a high-performance, high-availability Fibre Channel switch designed for rapidly growing storage requirements in mission-critical environments. With a flexible architecture that supports 1, 2, and 4Gbit/sec technology with 16, 24, or 32 ports in a 1U package, the Brocade 4100 provides excellent value at an affordable price point. As a result, even small organizations can achieve the levels of performance and availability typically attainable only by larger enterprises.
The Brocade 4100 provides low-cost access to industry-leading SAN technology as well as support for “pay-as-you-grow” scalability with Ports on Demand. Because it is fully compatible with previous 1 and 2Gbit/sec devices, it protects existing technology investments while providing a strategic solution for the future.
These capabilities help make the Brocade 4100 ideal for branch offices and departments in large enterprises as well as for midsized organizations. It can be used as the foundation of small standalone SANs or as an edge switch in larger core-to-edge SAN infrastructures for enterprise-class applications such as ERP, MRP, data warehousing, billing, and e-mail.
The Brocade 4100 provides best-in-class performance for midrange SAN switches to support mission-critical applications. It features a non-blocking architecture with as many as 32 ports concurrently active at 4Gbit/sec full duplex to provide an aggregate bandwidth of 256Gbit/sec.
- Fibre Channel ports 32 ports, universal (E, F, and FL)
- Scalability: Full fabric architecture with 239 switches maximum
- Certified maximum: Combination of 56 switches, 19 hops; larger fabrics certified as required; consult Brocade or OEM SAN design documents for configuration details
- Performance: 1.063Gbit/sec line speed (full duplex); 2.125 Gbit/sec line speed (full duplex); 4.25Gbit/sec line speed (full duplex); auto-sensing of 1Gbit/sec, 2Gbit/sec, and 4Gbit/sec port speeds; optionally programmable to fixed port speed; speed matching between 1, 2, and 4Gbit/sec ports
- ISL Trunking: Up to eight 4.25Gbit/sec ports per ISL trunk; up to 32Gbit/sec per ISL trunk
- Aggregate bandwidth: 256Gbit/sec end to end
- Fabric latency: <2.1μsec with no contention, cut-through routing at 4Gbit/sec
- Maximum frame size: 2112-byte payload
- Classes of service: Class 2, Class 3, Class F (inter-switch frames)
- Port types: FL_Port, F_Port, and E_Port; self-discovery based on switch type (U_Port)
- Data traffic types: Fabric switches supporting unicast and broadcast
- Media types: hot-pluggable, industry-standard Small Form-factor Pluggable (SFP), LC connector; Short-wavelength Laser (SwL) up to 500 meters (1640 feet); Long-wavelength Laser (LwL) up to 10 km (6.2mi); Extended Long-wavelength Laser (ELwL) up to 80 km (49.6 mi); distance depends on fiber-optic cable and port speed, CwDM SFPs (8 lambdas)
- Fabric services: Simple Name Server; Registered State Change Notification (RSCN).
- Optional fabric services include: Brocade Advanced Zoning; Brocade Fabric watch; Brocade Extended Fabrics; Brocade Remote Switch; Brocade ISL Trunking; Brocade Advanced Performance Monitoring; Brocade web Tools; FICON Control Unit Port (CUP)
- Management software supported: Telnet; RADIUS; SNMP (FE MIB, FC Management MIB); web Tools; Fabric Manager; third-party applications utilizing the Brocade SMI Agent
- Management access: 10/100 Ethernet port (RJ-45); serial port (RS-232); in-band through Management Server
- Diagnostics: POST and embedded online/offline diagnostics
- Enclosure: Back-to-front airflow (non-Fibre Channel port side to Fibre Channel port side). Power from rear. 1.0U, 19-inch EIA compliant
- width: 42.90cm (16.89in)
- height: 4.24 cm (1.67in)
- Depth:58.42cm (23.00in)
- System weight: 9.25kg (20.4lb) with single power supply, no SFP, 10.16kg (22.4lb) with dual power supplies, no SFP
VAT IS NOT PAYABLE BY PURCHASERS OUTSIDE THE European Union (EU) AND by purchasers in the EU (excluding UK) who are VAT registered
LA Switch 1 - 101800
LA Switch 2 - 101801