Includes 12 x 8Gb SFP's
- 1 x Brocade 6505 Dell 88NXW 24-Port 16Gb FC Switch DL-6505-12-8G-0R 12-Port Active
- 12 x 8Gb SFP's
To keep pace with growing business demands, data centers are transitioning to highly virtualized, private cloud storage environments. This approach enables organizations to consolidate and simplify their IT resources, resulting in increased business agility and lower capital and operating expenses. But virtualization is not without its challenges. Data centers must keep up with the explosive data growth and dynamic changes driven by virtualized workloads. Selecting the right network is key to realizing the full benefits of these cloud-based architectures.
The Brocade 6505 Switch with Gen 5 Fibre Channel provides exceptional price/performance value, combining flexibility, simplicity, and enterprise-class functionality in an entry-level switch. Designed to enable maximum flexibility and reliability.
A simplified deployment process and a point-and-click user interface make the Brocade 6505 both powerful and easy to use. Moreover, the Brocade 6505 offers low-cost access to industry-leading Gen 5 Fibre Channel technology while providing "pay-as-you-grow" scalability to meet the needs of an evolving storage environment.
Exceptional Price/Performance for Growing SAN Workloads
The Brocade 6505 combines market-leading throughput with an affordable switch form factor, making it ideal for growing SAN workloads. The 24 ports produce an aggregate 384 Gbps full-duplex throughput; any eight ports can be trunked for 128 Gbps Inter-Switch Links (ISLs). Exchange-based Dynamic Path Selection (DPS) optimizes fabric-wide performance and load balancing by automatically routing data to the most efficient and available path in the fabric. It augments Brocade ISL Trunking to provide more effective load balancing in certain configurations.
In addition, the Brocade 6505 provides a low Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) thanks to a 12-port base configuration, easy administration, 1U footprint, and low-energy consumption—0.22 watts per Gbps and 3.3 watts per port. Enterprise-class capabilities combined with a low TCO yield 40 percent higher performance compared to 10 Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) alternatives at a similar cost.
Industry-Leading Technology That Is Flexible, Simple, and Easy to Use
The Brocade 6505 delivers industry-leading Gen 5 Fibre Channel technology within a flexible, simple, and easy-to-use solution. The base configuration includes 12 ports, with up to 24 ports on demand. In addition to providing best-in-class scalability, the Brocade 6505 is easy to deploy with the Brocade EZSwitchSetup wizard and the ClearLink Diagnostic Ports (D_Ports) feature, which simplifies setup.
- Provides exceptional price/performance value, combining flexibility, simplicity, and enterprise-class functionality in a 24-port, 1U entry-level switch
- Enables fast, easy, and cost-effective scaling from 12 to 24 ports
- Leverages Brocade Fabric Vision technology's powerful monitoring, management, and diagnostic tools to simplify administration, increase uptime, and reduce costs
- Helps pinpoint problems faster and simplify SAN configuration and management with Brocade Network Advisor
- Simplifies deployment with the Brocade EZSwitchSetup wizard and supports high-performance fabrics by using Brocade ClearLink D_Ports to identify optic and cable issues
- Maximizes resiliency with non-disruptive software upgrades and an optional redundant power supply
Brocade Fabric Vision technology, an extension of Gen 5 Fibre Channel, provides unprecedented insight and visibility across the storage network with powerful built-in monitoring, management, and diagnostic tools that enable organizations to:
- Simplify monitoring:
- Deploy more than 15 years of SAN best practices in one click to simplify the deployment of monitoring with pre-defined, threshold-based rules, actions, and policies
- Gain comprehensive visibility into network health, performance, latency and congestion issues in the fabric using browser-accessible dashboards with drill-down and point-in-time playback capabilities
- Increase availability:
- Avoid 50 percent of common network problems with proactive monitoring and advanced diagnostic tools that address problems before they impact operations
- Identify hot spots and automatically mitigate network problems—before they impact application performance—through intuitive reporting, trend analysis, and integrated actions
- Dramatically reduce costs:
- Eliminate nearly 50 percent of maintenance costs through automated testing and diagnostic tools that validate the health, reliability, and performance of the network prior to deployment
- Save up to millions of dollars on CapEx costs by eliminating the need for expensive third-party tools through built-in monitoring and diagnostics targets/LUNs, from multiple hosts to a specific target/LUN, or across a specific ISL. Additionally, they can perform LUN-level monitoring of specific frame types to identify resource contention or congestion that is impacting application performance.
- Flow Generator: Provides a built-in traffic generator for pre-testing and validating the data center infrastructure—including route verification and integrity of optics, cables, ports, back-end connections, and ISLs—for robustness before deploying applications.
- Forward Error Correction (FEC): Enables recovery from bit errors in ISLs, enhancing transmission reliability and performance.
- Credit Loss Recovery: Helps overcome performance degradation and congestion due to buffer credit loss.
- Fibre Channel ports:
- Switch mode (default): 12- and 24-port configurations (12-port increment through Ports on Demand [PoD] license); E, F, M, D ports
- Brocade Access Gateway default port mapping: 16 F_Ports, 8 N_Ports
- Scalability: Full-fabric architecture with a maximum of 239 switches
- Certified maximum: 6,000 active nodes; 56 switches, 19 hops in Brocade Fabric OS fabrics; larger fabrics certified as required
- Performance: Fibre Channel: 2.125 Gbps line speed, full duplex; 4.25 Gbps line speed, full duplex; 8.5 Gbps line speed, full duplex; 14.025 Gbps line speed, full duplex; auto-sensing of 2, 4, 8, and 16 Gbps port speeds
- ISL trunking: Frame-based Trunking with up to eight 16 Gbps ports per ISL trunk; up to 128 Gbps per ISL trunk. Exchange-based load balancing across ISLs with DPS included in Brocade Fabric OS.
- Aggregate bandwidth: 384 Gbps end-to-end full duplex
- Maximum fabric latency: Latency for locally switched ports is 700 ns; Forward Error Correction (FEC) adds 400 ns between E_Ports (enabled by default).
- Maximum frame size: 2,112-byte payload
- Frame buffers: 8,192 dynamically allocated
- Classes of service: Class 2, Class 3, Class F (inter-switch frames)
- Port types: D_Port (ClearLink Diagnostic Port), E_Port, F_Port, M_Port (Mirror Port); optional port type control, Brocade Access Gateway mode: F_Port and NPIV-enabled N_Port
- Data traffic types: Fabric switches supporting unicast
- Fibre Channel distance subject to fiber-optic cable and port speed USBOne USB port for system log file downloads or firmware upgrades
- Supported management software: HTTP, SNMP v1/v3 (FE MIB, FC Management MIB), SSH; Auditing, Syslog; Brocade Advanced Web Tools; Brocade Network Advisor SAN Enterprise or Brocade Network Advisor SAN Professional/Professional Plus; Command Line Interface (CLI); SMI-S compliant; Administrative Domains; trial licenses for add-on capabilities
- Security: DH-CHAP (between switches and end devices), FCAP switch authentication; HTTPS, IPsec, IP filtering, LDAP with IPv6, OpenLDAP, Port Binding, RADIUS, TACACS+, User-defined Role-Based Access Control (RBAC), Secure Copy (SCP), Secure RPC, SFTP, SSH v2, SSL, Switch Binding, Trusted Switch
- Management access: 10/100 Mbps Ethernet (RJ-45), in-band over Fibre Channel, serial port (RJ-45), and one USB port
- Diagnostics: ClearLink optics and cable diagnostics, including electrical/optical loopback, link traffic/latency/distance; flow mirroring; built-in flow generator; POST and embedded online/offline diagnostics, including environmental monitoring, FCping and Pathinfo (FC traceroute), frame viewer, non-disruptive daemon restart, port mirroring, optics health monitoring, power monitoring, RAStrace logging, and Rolling Reboot Detection (RRD)
- Enclosure: Back-to-front airflow (port-side exhaust); power from back, 1U
- Width: 437.64 mm (17.23 in.)
- Height: 43.18 mm (1.7 in.)
- Depth: 443.23 mm (17.45 in.)
- System weight:
- 7.82 kg (17.25 lb) with one power supply, without transceivers
- 9.16 kg (20.19 lb) with two power supply FRUs, without transceivers
- Operating environment
- Temperature: 0°C to 40°C/32°F to 104°F
- Humidity: 10% to 85% (non-condensing)
- Non-operating environment
- Temperature: -25°C to 70°C/-13°F to 158°F
- Humidity: 10% to 90% (non-condensing)
- Operating altitude: Up to 3,000 m (9,843 ft)
- Storage altitude: Up to 12 km (39,370 ft)
- Operating: Up to 20 G, 6 ms half-sine
- Non-operating: Half-sine, 33 G 11 ms, 3/eg axis
- Operating: 0.5 g sine, 0.4 grms random, 5 Hz to 500 Hz
- Non-operating: 2.0 g sine, 1.1 grms random, 5 Hz to 500 Hz
- Heat dissipation: 24 ports at 338 BTU/hr
- Power supply: Base switch includes a single, hot-swappable power supply with integrated system cooling fans. Optional dual redundant hot-swappable power supply.
- AC input: 85 V to 264 V ~5 A to 2.5 A
- Input line frequency: 47 Hz to 63 Hz
- Power consumption:
- 80 W with all 24 ports populated with 16 Gbps SWL optics
- 60 W for empty chassis with no optics
Fabric OS: v7.4.0a
Made on: Thu May 28 22:45:37 2015
Flash: Thu Apr 7 10:08:16 2016
FAN Unit: 1
Time Awake: 0 days
FAN Unit: 2
Time Awake: 0 days
POWER SUPPLY Unit: 1
Time Awake: 0 days
POWER SUPPLY Unit: 2
Time Awake: 0 days
CHASSIS/WWN Unit: 1
Power Usage(Watts): -39
Factory PartNum: 40-1000737-03
Factory SerialNum: CCD1914M069
Manufacture: Day: 27 Month: 3 Year: 2016
Update: Day: 25 Month: 10 Year: 2019
Time Alive: 1181 days
Time Awake: 0 days
Part Num: BROCAD0000650
Serial Num: FNV2G22
zoning: ON (C_SAN_140716_CFG)