Affordable High Performance for Small Offices with Big Demands
Small offices can be demanding environments too. The 3Com 3C1670800 OfficeConnect Gigabit Switch 8 is designed for small or remote branch offices that need to run bandwidth-intensive video or multimedia applications, and connect to high-speed servers or a high-speed network backbone. Use it to upgrade an existing hub or switch when you get a high-requirement Gigabit speed workstation and you'll be able to continue servicing your other connections at their current speeds. And you'll be ready for the future.
The 3Com 3C1670800 eight-port gigabit switch is powerful, as well as reliable and simple to install and operate. Plug-and-play convenience means the switch works right out of the box with no configuration or management required. Each of the eight non-blocking, autosensing 10/100/1000 ports automatically adjusts to the speed of network devices communicating at 1000, 100, or 10 Mbps, so the switch can accommodate a range of workgroup applications. Additional features such as a clipping system for easier physical stacking, 802.1p traffic prioritization, and auto MDI/MDIX on every port make this economical switch a real networking value.
The 3Com OfficeConnect brand is your assurance that the switch is not only powerful, but also highly reliable and simple to install and operate. With plug-and-play convenience, the switch works right out of the box with no configuration or management required.
- Eight non-blocking, autosensing 10/100/1000 ports can be used as ultra high-speed links to servers or power users, or to connect the rest of the network through a central high-speed switch for bandwidth-intensive operations
- With plug-and-play installation and no configuration needed, it fits easily in your unmanaged network
- Auto MDI-MDIX on every port simplifies network expansion by eliminating most common cabling errors whether the port is connected to a server, PC, or another switch or hub
- 802.1p traffic prioritization ensures that real-time programs such as video and audio applications take priority so they can run effectively
- Full-duplex feature supports two-way data transfer, doubling the effective bandwidth of the network
- Compact, fanless design ensures quiet operation in small office spaces
- Connectors at rear help reduce cable clutter
- FCC Class B switch is approved for use in home office and small office environments
- Operating system independence helps ensure the seamless integration of different operating systems within your network, with no additional configuration required